During the summer months, I’ll have the opportunity to introduce you to our talented culinary team. Our executive chefs work each day to provide delicious, healthy, fun meals to our guests. I look forward to introducing them to you so you can learn a little more about what makes them howl in the Great Wolf Lodge kitchen.
Great Wolf Lodge - What is your all-time favorite food?
Chef Nick – My favorite all time food is seafood at its peak of freshness. I am extremely passionate about food. In my perfect world, I would have access to all the freshest ingredients possible so that I could create simple dishes that capture the essence of each item at its peak of freshness.
GWL - Do you have a favorite recipe or culinary treat that you have created just for Great Wolf Lodge guests?
Chef Nick - Our veal meatloaf with amber beer onion demi glaze rocks!
GWL - What makes a meal at Great Wolf Lodge different from other places?
Chef Nick - There is such a variety of foods to choose from at all levels. We really do have something for everyone.
GWL - What inspires you most as a chef?
Chef Nick – I love watching the smiles and hearing the conversations while our guests are enjoying my food. Everyone always has a smile on their face whether it’s the guests or the employees. It’s obvious they are all happy to be here.
GWL - What advice do you offer to someone who wants to become a chef?
Chef Nick – My advice is to cook with passion. Whether it's boiling potatoes or creating an elaborate plate presentation, always take pride in what you're doing.
GWL - What is your favorite summer ingredient?
Chef Nick - Being from Texas, of course beef is at the top of my list for summer grilling! Here’s a delicious way that I like to prepare beef on the grill:
- Start with a Coulotte Steak. It is a versatile cut that can be easily grilled or roasted whole and carved.
- Season it with roasted garlic, kosher salt, coarse ground black pepper and a good Spanish paprika.
- The beef will be very similar to brisket but can be cooked medium to medium rare.
- Slice the beef thin and serve on a toasted baguette with chilled horseradish sauce.
- Add some skewered grilled seasonal vegetables and your favorite beverage. It doesn’t get much better than that.