There’s no doubt that the classic grilled cheese sandwich is a favorite amongst most families. With a warm, gooey center and perfectly golden buttered bread, there’s simply nothing not to like about a simple grilled cheese. In order to properly honor this delectable delight this Sunday for National Grilled Cheese Day, we’re sharing our Grilled Cheese Shooters recipe.
The Grilled Cheese Shooters’ appetizer-sized portion makes it perfect for sharing with the whole family. With warm, crisp, buttered bread filled with melty cheese and the perfect amount of tomato soup for dipping, we’re sure it will give you something to howl about.
Great Wolf Grilled Cheese Shooters
- 2 slices of white bread, crust cut off to square the slices
- Butter, melted and warm
- 2 slices of American cheese
- 4 oz. Campbell's Healthy Choice Tomato Soup (hot)
- Evenly butter both slices of white bread with butter and place on a flat top grill, butter side down.
- Place 1 slice of American cheese on each slice of bread for 1 minute, or until evenly browned and the cheese is melted.
- Remove bread from flat top grill and place slices together, cheese side together.
- Cut finished sandwich from upper left corner to lower right and then cut the opposite way upper right to lower left, creating 4 perfectly shaped triangles.
- Using the hot tomato soup, fill 4 shot glasses about ¾ of the way.
- Place 1 sandwich triangle on top of each to the shot glasses. The flat side of the triangle should be up, with the tip of the triangle just touching the soup.
- Place each on a rectangular plate in a straight line. Serve immediately.